Thursday, February 17, 2011

China Glaze Crackle!

As soon as I picked up the bottle of China Glaze Crackle in Fault Line, I was planning my mani in my head..


I wanted white underneath topped with CND Amethyst Sparkle so that the purple shimmer could show thru. Below is two coats of Amethyst Sparkle over top of CND Brilliant White.




Big hopes....Or so I thought. Unfortunately, Fault Line cracks in big chunky pieces so you don't see much of the base colour. Total waste of the expensive CND sparkle effect.
This is nail fail for me...not liking it at all. I mean, I guess it is OK but certainly wasn't close to what I was looking or hoping for. Took this off less than 24 hours later but not before fooling around with it a bit...



Here's my right hand stamped...there haven't been too many images out in the blogesphere with shatter/crackle stamped (at least not that I've come across) plus I wanted to try it for myself. The good thing is that crackle with a topcoat of SV is smooth enough to stamp over. This is stamped using Beautiful Scratchers white polish, fauxnad IP XL E.

And on my left hand, I added a coat of OPI Black Shatter. I was just fooling around ....but in some ways, I like it even better! I think the layering of crackles/shatters could have lots of possibility if the colours underneath are visible if the polishe crackles enough. I may try this again when OPI releases their new crackle shades as their polishes seem to shatter more!

I guess they all can't be successful...but none the less, a great opportunity to experiment so not all of a fail!

Thx for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love that mani with the stamping on it. It looks like a great explosion. I'm wanting this purple crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you tell me where you got the crackle polish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABBY: Sure, got at Jessica's on Orfus Rd (near Yorkdale Mall if you don't know where it is)-they have all them but the pink one, which apparently they never go in.

    They are beauty supply place but sell to the public-$7.99.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for replying! :) I was actually there yesterday and yes they don't have the pink one. I was wondering how come they don't have the pink one at all... weird. I ordered my CG crackle polishes from Transdesign shipping was expensive :( and even for the Anchors away collection they only had like 5 colours or something from it and I wanted to get Below deck and pelican grey.. oh well.. anyway I do agree the purple one sucks. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!