Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Hockey Night In Canada....

...every Saturday night at my house...and here's one for the home team!



My hubby is a huge Toronto Maple Leaf fan and our tv is turned onto the Leafs game every Saturday night...and any other night they happen to be playing!



Base colours are Misa It's Electric and OPI Bride's Bouquet.


Stamped using Beautiful Scratchers white polish and Konad blue special polish using IP fauxnad m56. (This is the same plate that has the Canada flag image on it; I just tried to be specially careful and only stamped the leaf.) I also think a similar image is on fauxnad IPH21.

And then I decided to make it girly!


On the blue, added a light coat of Savvy Touch of Glimmer and over the white, added too many coats to mention of OPI Absolutely Alice and Finger Paints Sapphire Shimmer.

Here's the polishes before stamping:




GO LEAFS GO!!!! I remember as a kid my grandpa watching the game every Saturday night, even if it was on the French channel and he couldn't understand a word-he'd also tune into the radio if it wasn't televised-he was a huge fan too!

This post is dedicated to my husband who is holding out on hopes that Toronto makes it to the playoffs this year!! GO LEAFS GO!!

(I'm sorry to anyone who may not know who the Toronto Maple Leafs are if you are following internationally....they are the local team in the National Hockey League!)

Thx for looking!

8 comments:

  1. this is adorable (= i love a themed mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest game day mani I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! i loved :D

    http://emumvidrodeesmalte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, OPI Bride's Bouquet seems to be a perfect opaque white to stamp with!

    Very nice!

    Love,

    Kim

    http://kimskienails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. KimKie: Just to clarify-the white on my nail is Bride's Bouquet and I used BS white to stamp with cause I've been finding my Konad white tempermental lately! (probably user error...lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I now see it! I didn't read very well :)
    Too bad I ordered OPI's Bride's Bouquet at Ebay, just for the stamping! :(

    Well, I might as well can use it for french tips. I just placed an order @ Beautiful Scratchers, because I was so desperately seeking for a good, opaque white polish! And this one sure is.

    Thanks for clarifying (did I spell that right, I'm sorry I'm from The Netherlands :) )

    Love,
    Kim

    http://kimskienails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, im spanish and I don't understand well...how do u do the maple leaf???really nice nails!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!