Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the long Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and this is the mani I've been wearing all weekend.



The base colours used were Essie Barbuda Banana layered with one coat of Savvy Femme Couture Banarama (yellow nails); D2W Red Chic 2 Volcanic Lava layer with one coat of Savvy Femme Couture Orange You Happy (orange) and Miss B Rainbow unnamed brown colour.



I searched my plate stash and couldn't believe that there are no turkey image plates so during the week, I sourced all my local supply places and finally, at one store, found a couple of old packs of water decals. Stamped with Konad special polishes in Cool Red, Deep Jungle, Pastel Orange and Yellow using SdP D20 (maple leaves), fauxnad F (other leaves) and T41 (pumpkin and leave swirl above the turkey) image plates along with the water decals.



I've been having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend...the weather all weekend has been absolutely beautiful. I had my Thanksgiving turkey dinner on Saturday as we are in the process of closing up our weekend place for the season so wanted to have Sunday and Monday free to do the things we need to do (not that we want to do it because the weather has been so awesome!). Both my parents and my in laws joined us for dinner and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians....and hopefully you will enjoy this mani even if you aren't celebrating!

14 comments:

  1. omg! This is awesome awesome awesome! I am loving every nail design-esp the pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers: The pumpkin is my fave too!...I'm thinking I may do a mani all like this...but am torn as want to start Halloween manis.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO CUTE. I need to order more plates, I am severely lacking! I can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween!

    and Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're enjoying the awesome weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great, Happy Thanksgiving! Those decals are really neat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I checked through quite a few of your posts and your mani's are wonderful. So creative.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soo lovely! enjoi ur thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!