Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revlon Surf

Hard to believe I did this mani almost a month ago...I'm so far behind in my posts!  Anyway, I went through a spell when I was trying out a bunch of Revlon's as I picked up a few at Rexall/PharmaPlus for $2.99; this is one I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Revlon Surf.  This was quite opaque and probably could probably have done nicely with just the one coat if I had have been more carefully when I was applying it.


Added a coat of NYX Girls Under the Moon for some sparkle/glitter interest.


Stamped using white Konad special polish using Big SdP P.  I think this is an interesting design with a lot of stamping possibilities simply by changing up the base and stamping polishes.  I should point out that the shadowing on my index finger is not a plate problem...I've had this happen a few times with different plates and stamping polishes...until I figured out that the cream I was using on my cuticles before stamping (so you didn't see all nasty dry cuticles in the pix of the base polishes) would occasionally cause my stamper to slightly slip or drag when I was applying the stamped image to my nails......you can see it here too on index finger)...so lately, I've been trying to take pix without the cream to avoid this mis-stamping, unless my cuticles are so dry even I can't stand them!!  But I am glad I figured out what was causing this because I was thinking I had forgotten how to stamp or something!  


While I was blog surfing, I came across a giveaway I thought I'd share.  NailsIT, the creator of some pretty fantastic polishes....who also happens to do awesome stamping mani's.....is having a 100 follower giveaway and the prize package includes said pretty fantastic polishes.  Please go here if you are interested in checking it out!  

Thanks for looking! 


3 comments:

  1. I just ordered 5 new SDP plates and P is one of them. I can't wait to try them out. This is a cool design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!