Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Nails with Oopsie Daisies Apple Picking

Today's the first day of fall!  It's hard to believe fall is here already...where did the summer go?  As soon as I received Oopsie Daisies Apple Picking in the mail this week, I knew I had to come up with a fall mani using it....Apple Picking simply screams fall in bottle to me!  Here's what I came up with.


I did quite a bit of swatching using Apple Picking because I couldn't decide which colour I wanted to layer it over.  While I don't have pix to share (although I may update the post later), in addition to the colours I did use here, I swatched it over swatched L'Oreal Hyde Park, Sinful Colors Exotic Park, Essie Navigate Her and even bright reds......its looked awesome on EVERYTHING, light and dark.  I'm also thinking that Apple Picking will look great over darker browns too. I had too hard of a time just picking one olour so decided to do skittles; these were the colours I decided to use for this mani.


Polishes used starting at thumb and going clockwise are Essie Recessionista, China Glaze Kalhari Kiss, China Glaze Desert Kiss, L'Oreal The Perfect Trench and OPI Schnapps Out of It.  These are all two coats, no topcoat. (PSA: the China Glaze Safari polishes are part of the red tag sale right now at Sally's Beauty; I was able to pick up a few backups as part of their 2/$3....they also had the Orly Electronica collex that had Preamp too.  While I had initially passed on all the Orly's but Preamp when the collex was released, at $1.50, I couldn't resist the rest!)

Here's a whole bunch of pictures with Oopsie Daisies Fall Picking on top.  As you can see, it layered really well over light and dark colours.


A little bit of a better close up on the fingers.  Feel free to click on any of these pix for  better view!


Bottle shot of Apple Picking.


This was actually one of those few times that I didn't really want to 'wreck' my nails by stamping on them, but ultimately decided to do french tip of leaves to add to the fall theme, yet the majority of the base could be still be seen through the stamping.


Used Mash-27 and CND Gold Chrome on the darker colours and CND Copper Chrome on the lighter ones.


Oopsie Daisies Apple Picking is available online via the Oopsie Daisies Etsy store...and remember to use code HALLOWEENHARVEST for 10% off until September 25th! 

Hope you're enjoying the first day of fall! I'm up in cottage country and went for a drive this morning as I love looking at fall leaves, but they are just starting to turn so there wasn't much fall colour to see.  But with these cool nights we've been having, I'm sure the leaves will be changing in no time.  In the meanwhile, I'm off to make a huge pot of homemade soup...which will be perfect for the cool, damp, overcast weather...aka...fall weather...we are having today!

Have a great weekend...and thanks for looking!


13 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely manicure I love it!! Apple Picking is so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun manicure! Very unique and colourful, even though it has a fall theme :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bottle is aptly named "apple picking"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these swatches!!!! I am awaiting Apple Picking and Mischief Night (patiently would be an exaggeration!) I love what you did with it, it truly is a gorgeous fall polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome fall manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I am loving these colors and can't wait for the leaves to start turning here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgooeness I absolute love this, loving all of the fall colors, that gorgeous glitter and stamp! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scattering of leaves you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!