Thursday, August 15, 2013

Digit-al Dozen; Fashion, Day 4

I'm not terribly into fashion, so when I was surfing the net for inspiration for another fashion mani, I Googled famous dresses.  Didn't see anything too exciting (or at least something I thought I might be able to stamp close enough to resemble one!) so then did a search for Oscar dresses....a pix came up on the results (even though it wasn't worn at the Oscar's!) that I decided to use for inspiration; here's what I came up with.


This was the dress I used as inspiration, a Carolina Herrara dress worn by Lucy Liu at the 2012 Golden Globes.


Started with a base of two coats of Sinful Colors Sugar High, topped with SV.  The base isn't as close in these pix as I wanted; obviously there are some screen colour variations as when I was doing this mani last night using a pix I had picked on my iphone, the base was bang on but these pix, my base isn't nearly light enough. Or could be my camera/lighting.


Stamped leaves from plate MM07 using Sally Hansen Insta-dri Jumpin' Jade. (Really liking the mani just like this!)


Plate pix of MM07.


While I fully intended to use the assortment of single roses in different sizes from this plate, when I did a test stamp on a nail on my right hand, I wasn't liking how the rose looked.  Decided upon an image from DRK-A and then stamped random roses throughout using FUN stamping polish in Mango Shake and a franken made by mixing Konad pastel orange and pastel pink special polishes. ( I dabbed a bit of both directly on the image plate, mixed up a little using an orange stick, then scraped and stamped.)



Topped with SV.  (See the shimmer in Jumpin' Jade once it's top coated; it's most noticeable on the middle finger...love it!)



Here's the other ladies Day 4 Fashion mani's.





Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I really like the leaves pattern. I am not into fashion much at all so I would have such a hard time with this theme. I would probably have to do sneakers or something lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful stamping! I love the leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love seeing the inspiration and your interpretation of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layering! this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mani! I love how vibrant the leaves look on that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mani works perfectly although I'm not sure what Lucy Liu was thinking when she wore that dress...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW triple stamping! How awesome-that's really hard to pull off and not have it be too busy. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamping! The dress and the mani are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!