Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Mani


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month; as a woman as well as someone who has been involved with a close family member dealing with breast cancer over the last year, I would be remiss in not doing at least one mani in support of the awareness cause; here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of piCture poLish Electric Dream; this pix has no topcoat.  For those who like a shiny finish, it would need topcoat as it does dry on the matte side.  I didn't topcoat as I knew I was doing some layering.  Still stunning, though!  (I also love how this polish perfectly compliments my blog wallpaper!)



My original plan for the mani was a funky french tip with the Bundle Monster ribbon at the tips using BM-324, so added FingerPaints Frosty Night at the tips.



Topped with a little Quo By Orly Spirit.



But I decided to do some different stamp designs so only used the tip image from BM324 on the thumb and did it midway for something out of the ordinary...for me any way!  Other images used were from plates BM317 (middle), BM303 (index) and BM321 on ring.  For the pinky, images from BM317 and BM303 were isolated and separately stamped; all using white Konad special polish.  (I have no idea what I was thinking putting those lips on my ring finger lol!)




Topped with SV to finish.



Just before I took the mani off, I put a layer of Essie Matte About You.




A couple days after I did this mani, my husband surprised me with the OPI Pink of Hearts 2013 duo that he had picked up at a breast cancer awareness fundraiser which was a nice surprise as never buys me polishes! Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in another mani using them before the end of the month!

Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!