Tuesday, February 4, 2014

World Cancer Day Nails!

Today is World Cancer Day...a day to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment.  Here's the link to the official World Cancer Day page which has explains why the day was created; and a link to the Canadian Cancer Society's page on this years awareness focus which is dispelling cancer myths.  The site is also an excellent source of many other topics and information relating to cancer. Here's my World Cancer Day mani.


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, top coated with SV (no pix as have shown before).  

Stamped a total of 28 times (!) by isolating a small ribbon from the full size image on BM321 using assortment of polishes:  Konad apple greed, red and dark red, Mundo de Unas stamping polishes in 11, 16 and 22, FUN stamping polishes in Bubble Blue and Cotton Candy, Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Man-go Team!, Sally Hansen Butterscotch and Barry M Gray.  


The ribbon colours represent the following cancers according to this site:  lavender (all cancers), gold (childhood cancers), pink (breast cancer), gray (brain cancer), yellow (bone/bladder cancer), burgundy (multiple myeloma), lime green (lymphoma), brown (colon cancer), blue (prostrate cancer) and red (blood cancer).  


Decided to add random dots for filler.  I chose lavender as it's the universal cancer ribbon colour and pink for breast cancer awareness which has special meaning to my family.


Topped with SV to finish.


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. This manicure is really cool! I hope it encourages awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mani and very thoughtfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am admiring the patience that it probably took you to stamp this manicure. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! All that stamping must have taken you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 28 times??????? WOW thats dedication! These are so amazing though! I love them! I get tired of only seeing the pink ribbons when I do so much worse cancers at my job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!