Monday, July 21, 2014

Great Price Polish Finds!

I don't know about you, but I'm a little hesitant to buy nail polish at the dollar store. It's one thing when you find $2 Essie's or Revlon's at Dollerama; you know they are just selling stock overages, but when you see a brand you've never heard of before, and in this case, I'm talking about Glam Doll, I was on the fence if I wanted to spend even the $1.25 for the bottle; I don't even recall seeing any mention of this brand out there in the blogesphere. Even at $1.25, it's still a waste of $1.25 if the polish is garbage!  (But then, I guess even if it is garbage, you don't break the bank at $1.25 a bottle!)  So I seen a new display of Glam Doll polishes at the local Dollar Tree not too long ago and picked up my first to try and used it this past weekend.  As it turns out, my $1.25 polish buy worked out well this time as there were no issues at all with this polish!
Started with a base of two coats of Glam Doll Periwinkle, no topcoat.  (The pix below was taken in natural daylight, overcast skies as I have no good artificial light source when I'm away on weekends.)  While the polish was a tad on the thick side, two coats covered well, there were no application issues and overall, I think this is $1.25 of gorgeousness in a bottle!  When I go to use again, I would add a couple drops of thinner just because my personal preference is polish on the thinner side versus thicker, but even without it, had no issues.

Added a layer of Vernis Classique by Cherimova Babes in Toyland on top for some glitter interest.  (This was another great polish value find; $2.50 at Urban Planet.)


Stamped using Konad special polish using an image from LS-13. 


Topped with HKGirl quick dry to finish.




This pix was taken the next day as I was trying to get good sun shot to show the holographic glitter as it really didn't show up too much in the overcast skies; just looks like silver glitter!  


While it is slightly shown, you can also see no chipping or wear issues at all (although it was only 24 hours after but I've had more expensive polishes (*cough, cough Chanel*), chip in less time!


I went out and picked up a few more Glam Doll polishes as they had a wide array of colours on display.  But for $1.25 a bottle....and the fact that they applied well....the price can't be beat!

Do you have a bargain polish favourite?  Please share!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Glam Doll but I will be on the lookout for it now. Gorgeous mani and that is a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color / glitter / stamp combination - all 3 go absolutely perfect together!!! The stamp image is to die for (OK - overly dramatic) - but I love it. And the delicate glitter doesn't overpower it. Yay for the bargain too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely manicure! I do have a bargain favorite, that would be KIKO polishes. I think their creme polishes are hard to top in quality and they're regularly reduced to the price of EUR 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my bargain favorite is Nabi or Kleancolor, they cost $1 and they offer a huge array of colors...especially Nabi because they always come up with new collections. Also, here in the US, going to flea markets, I've been able to find some Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen or Revlon $2 or less, but it takes some hunting skills for kiosks that sell drugstore clearance stuff.
    Love the manicure, the glitter that you added gives such a nice effect and depth to the design...lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like turtlechick, I've never heard of this brand. I sure do like the color you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the final look! That image is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!