Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mermaid Scales!

I don't even know if these look like mermaid scales (not like anyone would ever know!) but mermaid scales sounds prettier than fish or dragon scales....so mermaid scales they are!  



Started with a base of OPI Love. Angel. Music. Baby.  Just one coat; no topcoat.



Added Girly Bits Love Ya Beach!** which was kindly gifted to me by Pam of Girly Bits when myself and other nail fanatics visited her shop in the spring.  This is one thin coat, no top coat.



Stamped using black FUN stamping polish using Messy Mansion MM21.



Topped coated to finish.



I had planned on leaving the nails like this but then I seen Too Fancy Keep Calm and Be Fancy sitting on my desk from using it a few days before and thought it compliments the glitter in Girly Bits Love Ya Beach! so added it in some of the scales using a brush.  Added KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Not the best shot, but see the holo shift a little better in this blurry pix!



Thank you Pam for the fabulous gift!

Thanks for looking!

**item received as a gift; please see disclosure policy

(post edited to correct OPI polish name!)

3 comments:

  1. Love that you stamped over glitter sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I definitely like it better with the addition of the teal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!