Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Food; Day 2

It's Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen food week.  I've always had it in the back of my mind to do a mani with grapes (don't ask me why lol) so finally put something down on nails now that I had a reason with this challenge! Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of mishmash nails; starting at thumb, polishes used are L'Oreal Safari Chic, L'Oreal Sand Castle, Essie Full Steam Ahead and Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her; all two coats.


Sponged on middle and ring finger with Sally Hansen Mardi Grape (how appropriate lol!)

Topped all with KBShimmer Clearly on Top prior to stamping.


Added a few leaves from an image from FUN 15 using LA Colors Jungle Fever. I was concerned about it showing up on the thumb so first stamped it with chocolate brown, then lime green then the darker green.  Pretty cool effect, I think.


Added more stamping; used Infinity 25 on middle and FUN 15 on ring finger using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.


Added grapes using image from DRK XL Designer 2.  The darker grapes are stamped with Orly La Playa and the lighter on the thumb was a mix of Sally Hansen Mardi Grape and white.  I was trying to match the lilac colour on the gradient but got something totally different.  In hind sight, the darker colour probably would have showed up OK on the thumb.


DRK XL Designer 2











Added coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


This is another one of those manis that I thought would look better matte so added coat of Essie Matte About You to finish.  I especially loved how the gradient turned out matte; need to do this again some time!



And while note the best job, I did other hand slightly different; really liked how it turned out too!


Here's the other ladies Day 2 food and snack mani's!

An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. the purple ombre nails are sooo pretty with this black stamping *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowza. This is simply amazing! The matte is perfect, you were right!
    And I need some of those plates. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used a matte top coat for your nails - I actually prefer it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool and creative! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this design matte as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic mani! I love that added touch of romance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!