Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fairies!

Adding the fairies to these nails was an afterthought one night just before I thought I was going to take off this mani.  But liked the look of it so much, wore them another day!  I had originally done the sponging with the single stamp but the following night as I was sitting down to take off the mani, I thought it might be a cool mani for some double stamping.  I added a few fairies; it's a little on the busy side but busy nails might be my middle name a lot of the time!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Nicole by OPI Bee In the Moment.  I was pleasantly surprised with this polish that I had picked up at Winners.  Yellows are notorious for being streaky (especailly the first coat); but this applied and level well.  In fact, I think it might be my new go to bright yellow polish - I even picked up a second bottle!  This has no top coat as I knew I'd be sponging.


Did a sponged gradient using Orly Truly Tangerine.



Stamped using FunkyFingers Dark Knight using an image from Apipila P19.



Apipila P19




Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


As I mentioned earlier, when I sat down to take off my mani, I got to looking at it and thought it would be an OK design to add some stamping.  Went with a few fairies from Marianne Nails n.11, n.58 and n.59.



Marianne Nails n.59





Marianne Nails n.58




Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.




Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I knew that those lovely fairies were from Marianne plates! Ooo, how I need them!!! It looks like the fairies were there from the start, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gradient as always! It literally just looks like one design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!