Monday, May 9, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week!  This month's theme is whimsy and it might be one of the hardest challenges so far! This is what I came up with!



By defintion, whimsey is:

whimsy

or whimsey

[hwim-zee, wim-] 
 


nounplural whimsies.
1.
capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression:
a play with lots of whimsy.
2.
an odd or fanciful notion.
3.
anything odd or fanciful; a product of playful or capricious fancy:
a whimsy from an otherwise thoughtful writer.

So I took this mani as my interpretation of being playful and went with it! I'm not 100% sure if it really is whimsy or if any of the other mani's I've done for the week are whimsy either for that matter, but just pretend it is for the week in case, ok?


Started with a base of two coats of FunkyFingers Dark Knight (no pix as have shown before).  Stamped using an image from Yours YS11 using Esmaltes da Kelly stamping polishes in Bee, Chuvisco, Icaro, Cleo and Dixie.  Shown below with no top coat.


Yours YS11 

Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


I did my other hand lightly different and liked how it turned out.  The idea for the left hand was for it to be a gradient of stamping so the colours would mix a bit more on each of the nails but it didn't happen that way.  I liked how the index finger stamped though so used the same part of the image on all on the nails here on the right hand. 


Here's the other ladies Day 1 whimsy mani's!




Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamping, I love the use of a black background. I seriously need to get involved with stamping, I'm loving the mani's even more every time I see them.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the designs where you put the stamping on your tips and just had a couple of fully stamped nails - breaks up the pattern. Very lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stamping. Love the way you stamped French tip. Totally superb !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamping image is really pretty! I love how it looks on your thumb in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is very whimsical! Like pixie dust.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!