Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does Black; Day 3

These are the coolest nails I've done in a while..... to me, anyway!  They were suppose to be off beat Valentine's Day nails but I decided to share as part of Digit-al Dozen week with the theme of black instead. With it being so close to Vday, they are still relevant anyway!  But I do think these could be worn any time of the year because honestly, do hearts or skittles ever go out of season?  Here's what I came up with!


This is my second ever smooshy stamper mani...I actually did these a few days after my first smooshy when I thought skittle smooshies might be cool.


It took me longer to pick out all the polishes than actually do the smooshy!  Here they all are sorted by colour; there were so many, I didn't make note of them, sorry.  Just tried to get light, medium and dark shades of blue, yellow, pink, purple and green with the mandatory add of white for some contrast interest.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping.  So cool; I could use this is a base for so many different stamping images!  This will be my go faux water marbling look as I have no skill in water marbling lol!


Stamped using an image from Kelly Negri KN12 using FunkyFingers Gesso.



Kelli Negri KN12

 

Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I actually thought the above nails were pret-ty cool but decided to do some double stamping as I was doing Vday mani's at the time I did these and was in a Valentine's state of mind!  Picked a heart from MoYou Pro 09 and stamped in the middle of each nail (well, as best as I could; still not perfect even with clear stamper!)


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.  I'm terribly sorry; I don't have a great pix of this as there's either lots of top coat glare or the pix was fuzzy.  Hopefully you can still see how cool this was!


Not as much glare but not the clearest :(


Here's the other ladies Day 3 nails!



Thanks for looking!



9 comments:

  1. Love the mani, in all its stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool and beautiful!!!I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the different manis that you created and posted on your blog. My favorite nail design is the matte heart in the middle; the contrasting textures of each nail make the heart really stand out. Good job! How do you take such good care of your nail cuticles? I am a beginner nail stamper who have been posting some of my nail designs onto my blog, cyndime.wordpress.com, but my cuticles have been so dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mika, thats so much for the compliment! I have super dry hands; I've been using Barrier Butter from Cuter Cuticles for a while now and put it on many times a day and have noticed a big difference! I also have been adding acetone additive from Girly Bits into pure acetone which also has moisturizing benefits when removing my polish and doing cleanup for my pix so they don't look so dry! There are many moisturizers and oils on the market; you will have to find what works best for you but so far, these two recent changes in my routine have helped my dry hands/nails a lot! Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Awesome skittle, love the mix of colors in those smooshy bases! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all of the different marble bases look so cool!! I really love these nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing how you created this one. I especially like the blues on your thumb nail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!